Treat Dental Anxiety With Dr. Berchelmann
It’s very common for patients to experience anxiety, fear, stress, and nervousness when visiting the dentist– preventing them from getting the care they need.
At Berchelmann Family Dental in San Antonio, TX we are committed to helping you feel comfortable each time you come see us. That’s why we offer sedation dentistry to make sure patients feel relaxed and stress-free throughout your visit.
Reasons for Sedation Dentistry
Dr. Berchelmann and our highly trained team will do everything we can to ensure that you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in our office. Sedation dentistry can be useful for a number of reasons, such as:
- Dental anxiety or phobias
- Previous negative dental experiences
- Fear of dental tools or equipment
- Low pain tolerance
- Bad gag reflex
- Receiving an extensive procedure
- Sensitive oral nerves
Our Safe Sedation Methods
Sedation dentistry allows us to work more efficiently by creating a relaxed and worry-free environment, maximizing your comfort at Berchelmann Family Dental.
- We offer nitrous oxide, commonly referred to as laughing gas, as a safe, fast, and effective way to administer relief. This method is recommended for patients suffering from mild to moderate forms of dental anxiety.
- Our practice features one of the most efficient cleaning methods in dentistry, known as UltraSonic Cleaning. It allows for a gentle, pain-free way to clean your teeth and minimize pain while removing plaque and tartar.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
At Berchelmann Family Dentistry, your comfort is our most important priority. We’ll go the extra mile to ensure your experience is positive and comfortable. To learn more about sedation dentistry, give us a call at (210) 336-8478 and we’ll schedule your appointment with Dr. Berchelmann.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Berchelmann recommends sedation for patients with dental anxiety and fear so they can receive necessary care and treatment. You may benefit from sedation dentistry if you:
- Feel tense, nervous, or anxious before an appointment
- Become scared at the sight of dental instruments
- Have trouble breathing or feel panicked in the office
Dental sedation can last anywhere from two to six hours, depending on a number of factors. This includes the method used, strength of sedation, and length of your procedure. Before your procedure, Dr. Berchelmann will explain any necessary information and answer any questions you may have.
Yes! You will be monitored by our highly trained staff throughout the entire process. We’ll also monitor your vitals to make sure they remain at a normal, healthy level. From the moment you walk into our office, we’ll be with you every step of the way to ensure you have a comfortable experience with us.
No, there aren’t any long-term effects of sedation. It’s likely you’ll feel groggy and dazed after your procedure when using nitrous oxide. However, this should subside within a few hours and we strongly suggest that you plan a designated driver to take you home after your procedure.